Friday, December 10, 2010

Tournament is ending

Phew, too much time since I don't write anything. It has been a shame for me because I haven't had time to play either follow the tournament as I'd like to. Anyway Alex Lukic has been done a good work this year finding solutions to problems that have turned up with some games.

Let's summarize a bit the state of the tournament nowadays...

Current Hi-scores

  • 3D Tanx: Well, this game has been a failure, too many problems so in the end everybody get 65000 points as max, we have had to count the time to get it. For now, the fastest player is Alessandro Grussu (aka Gazzosa) who get the top score in 40 minutes.
  • Badlands155,120Alessandro Grussu (aka Gazzosa) since 26th of Nov. Great score indeed, 2nd place is far enough.
  • Bombjack2,920,990Aleksandar Lukic (aka Alex Lux) since 28th of Nov. As Alex predicted, this game is one of the best of this tournament. Lot of players have made great scores, four of them over 2M points!.
  • Daley Thompson's Supertest345,516Alessandro Grussu (aka Gazzosa)  since 20th of Nov. Better score than my 2nd place in ST2003, but far from the 1st place by Paul French that year. There may be surprises yet...
  • Fred62,500Aleksandar Lukic (aka Alex Lux) since 5th of Dec. A great score too, but as Alex says, very far from ST2002 hi scores.
  • Jumping Jack10,725Aleksandar Lukic (aka Alex Lux) since 24th of Oct. As I said in the former post, very hard to beat... It's the oldest hi-score!. I tried to beat him, but it's needed too much time, more than playing Supertest!.
  • Mikie383,600 BadBeard since 30th of Oct. I thought it'd be beaten, but I was wrong, nobody has been able to!. Second place by A. Grussu is only 600 points from it!. That worth a championship...
  • Solomon's Key4,569,037Alessandro Grussu (aka Gazzosa) since 11th of Nov. It has been long time since anybody submits a new great score... may be last week?
  • Worse Things Happen At Sea80,950Alessandro Grussu (aka Gazzosa) since 5th of Dec. It'd had been first in ST2005 too, but I miss a player here that could beat this score... I think A. Grussu is waiting also for last week...
  • Zynaps151,525Alessandro Grussu (aka Gazzosa) since 8th of Dec. This is also a great score. A. Grussu has been improving his scores along the tournament, I think he's capable of beating it again.
Well, lot of great scores, almost by first two players on top. Only Mikie's hi-score is owned by a different player, BadBeard. It has been a shame that Lebowsk1 couldn't play to every game, he has been the revelation of the tournament.

I also want to encourage other players who have played to send a recording for every game, I'll do it although I know I won't do my best in any game...

2 comments:

Alessandro Grussu said...

Mikie only, you said? Please take a look at the scores now ;)

Unknown said...

Have I cheated you? :). Great score!, I'll edit the post now...